Welcome to the final installment of our salt series. We have reviewed five of the most popular salts and seen that all of them fail badly to meet one or more criteria to be judged healthy. Today we discuss the first ever truly healthy salt! It is the first and only salt to meet all the health criteria. In fact it was deliberately and painstakingly developed to meet those criteria.
What Makes Up A Healthy Salt?
As we have said, the body only requires about 15 minerals, and most of those minerals also function as electrolytes. The following are the primary characteristics of a healthy salt:
- Low sodium (traditionally this meant bad taste in table salts)
- Great taste (from a special blend or from other salts naturally present)
- Alkaline when added to water
- Meaningful levels of the other salts our bodies need (magnesium, potassium, calcium, bicarbonate, chloride)
- High magnesium (salt for muscles cramp, restless leg syndrome)
- Correct ratios of salts (keeps your electrolyte levels in balance)
- Purity (additive-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, nut-free, vegan, and kosher)
- Quality production (blended in the USA)
- Convenience (can be used on food or in water)
- When added to water it provides healthy and optimized hydration
- It provides outstanding value
The dogma that low-sodium salts are the healthiest is false. A healthy salt or healthy salt alternative is much more than that. It needs to be balanced in the key electrolytes, contaminant-free, and it needs to taste very good.
At last. There IS a Healthy Salt – and it tastes great!
Boulder Salt has 6 key minerals that also function as electrolytes, calcium, sodium, bicarbonate, potassium, magnesium, and chloride. Having them in the right ratio is what creates balance in your body. This balance is why it is such a potent source of nutrition and hydration. The table below (especially the right side of it), highlights the balance of Boulder Salt compared to the salts we’ve been examining.
|Celtic Sea Salt||33.80%||65.40%||0.44%||0.13%||0.23%||0.00%|
|Morton Lite Salt||21.00%||54.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%|
Boulder Salt is processed efficiently by your body and with far less effort and waste than any salt that has come before it. It is not simply dug out of the earth or sea. Instead it is made of pure salts precisely blended into what the body needs without anything it doesn’t need. It is far more than a low-sodium salt. It is a pure and balanced blend of healthy salts.
Boulder Salt isn’t just a “better” salt. It represents the complete transformation of salt from a “guilty pleasure” that comes with concerns, to a potent source of nutrition that promotes healthy outcomes and can be used with total confidence. Because it won a blind taste test by a 4 to 1 margin over premium sea salt and traditional table salt, a strong majority of people who try it enjoy it. They aren’t tempted to return to whatever they used before.
A truly unique characteristic is that, even though it does taste great on food, it does not change the taste of water (it does not make it taste salty)!
No salt has ever had such a breadth of profound benefits. It provides:
- Optimal water absorption (you can drink less fluid to achieve the right hydration level)
- Elimination and prevention of muscle cramping
- A healthy food source for seasoning
- Greater source of alkalinity for the body
- The ability to separate caloric intake from electrolyte intake (very important because these two critical fuel sources often get depleted at very different rates)
- Potent hydration solutions proven in athletic and medical environments
- Tasty and healthy seasoning solution for discerning chefs focused on healthy ingredients
Yes, “There IS a healthy salt”…and only one…Boulder Salt! It stands alone as a versatile powerhouse. The benefits of all other salts are one-dimensional in comparison and have substantial negatives that Boulder Salt does not. Boulder Salt was invented in Boulder County Colorado by bio-chemist Bruce Neeld who holds two world-wide patents. Boulder Salt is his third invention whose benefits are worldwide in scope.